Uniform and Dress
The Sixth Form dress code
This dress code applies to all students in year twelve and thirteen. We ask everyone in our Sixth Form to wear smart clothes, suitable for a working and learning environment.
- Dark coloured sensible footwear
- Smart boots
- Tailored trousers
- Smart cropped trousers
- Wide leg trousers
- Tapered trousers
- Smart skirts of a suitable length. E.g. pencil skirt, pleated skirt etc. Skirts must be at least 2/3 of the way down the thigh
- Dark coloured tights
- Shirt, blouse, plain t-shirt, or smart, Boys must wear a tie.
- Blazer should be worn however if you’re choosing not to wear one, they must be at least carried at all times.
- Smart cardigan
- Smart crew neck Jumper
- Formal knitwear
- Smart suit dress, shift dress, a line dress, pencil dress, slip dress, and smock dress.
- Fitted dresses may be worn, however jersey, bodycon material is not suitable.
- Pinafore dress (with a smart top underneath)
- Dark coloured tights.
DO NOT WEAR
- Ugg style boots
- Boots/shoes with heavy metal detailing (chains, buckles etc.)
- Heels more than 2 inches.
- Shoes with an open back or front
- Extremely tight fitting trousers / leggings
- No bodycon/jersey material
- No tops, jumpers, cardigans or blazers should be excessively oversized
- All tops should be tucked into suitable trousers
- All shirts should have the top button done up
- No logos, slogans or images on any tops, jumpers etc
- No backless, strapless, see through or off the shoulder tops
- No low cut tops.
- No spaghetti/strappy tops
- All rules for skirts apply
- All rules for tops apply
- No t-shirt or jumper dresses
No leather or denim jackets
Coats must be taken off in the rotunda and in lesson time
Lanyards to be worn at ALL times to secure the safety of all students
Mobile phone policy
Phones should only be used in Sixth Form Rotunda/Common Room
If there is debate about an item of clothing, please communicate with Mr M Pitts but ultimately the Headmaster’s decision on the matter will be final.