Health & Social Care
‘Building powerful knowledge to grow confident & creative global citizens.’
At Lincoln Academy we value the importance of health and wellbeing. Studying Health and Social Care provides our students with a solid foundation of knowledge, skills and understanding that underpins the effective use of skills, processes and attitudes required in the Health and Social Care sector such as human growth and development, Health and Social Care services, and factors affecting people’s health and wellbeing. Developing an understanding of the attitudes and care values that are vitally important to the sector, our students also gain an appreciation of skills and attributes beneficial to all roles that involve working with others.
Our recovery curriculum supports students' academic progress by acknowledging potential missed learning opportunities, supporting student wellbeing and facilitating enrichment. We continue to develop students resilience and sense of achievement fostering their ambition and celebrating their successes.
Year 10 – Year 11
BTEC L1/L2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care
- Component 1 – Human Lifespan Development
- Component 2 – Health and Social Care Services and Values
- Component 3 – Health and Wellbeing
Year 12 - 13
Students wishing to study Health and Social Care will have an interest in either healthcare and or social care in the many forms that can take. They will be able to show empathy for others and be able to work independently and to tight deadlines. Students will use their literacy skills and evaluate their writing, apply their knowledge to a variety of scenarios and research to support their judgements. They also develop good communication skills and develop a breadth of knowledge about the Health and Social Care sector as a whole.
Year 12 – Year 13 (Single Option)
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Unit 1 – Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 2 – Working in Health and Social Care
- Unit 5 – Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Unit 12 – Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
Year 12 – Year 13 (Double Option)
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Health and Social Care
Units as per single option, plus the following:
- Unit 4 – Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Unit 7 – Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8 – Promoting Public Health
- Unit 19 – Nutritional Health